F&C Meet up, Smallwood Vintage Rally 28th, May 2022

dmb

Edit My Images
No

My daughter mentioned this yesterday while we were out on a photo walk as she will be having a craft store there again. So suggesting a F&C meet up on Saturday 28th May. We could be inclusive and welcome digital shooters along as well. Your thoughts? If we open it up will also put in the main meet up forum.

28th May? Thats a fair way off :D

I might be up for it, could use my 2001 Canon 1D or might go 35mm for something a little lighter :)

Reactions: dmb
Under normal circumstances I'd definitely be there however we will be on the Isle of Mull that week.

I'll give this another go! However May is miles away right now. So assuming no issues, I'll get it in the diary.

Extending the invitation to those using more modern picture capture techniques in Meeting Places Forum

A bit too far away geographically for me I think, but I'll keep an eye on it and think again nearer the time. Thanks for suggesting it

Anyone else likely to join us. We often exchange mobile numbers to help find each other on the day.

I'm afraid I can't realistically make it although I did want to. I've recently been given a ticket to hear George Clinton on his final world tour the night before and that involves not only a late night but staying away.

Anyone else likely to join us. We often exchange mobile numbers to help find each other on the day.
I'll most likely attend, weather and time permitting - it's about time I picked a camera up again! Let me know if it's going to be Sat or Sun and the meeting time outside the beer tent. What's the camera/photo challenge going to be this year?

I'll most likely attend, weather and time permitting - it's about time I picked a camera up again! Let me know if it's going to be Sat or Sun and the meeting time outside the beer tent. What's the camera/photo challenge going to be this year?
Going for the Saturday, and will head to the beer tent about 1030 after helping daughter setup in craft tent. No challenge set this year yet except turning up :)

Going for the Saturday, and will head to the beer tent about 1030 after helping daughter setup in craft tent. No challenge set this year yet except turning up :)
Sounds like a plan, fingers crossed for good weather.

Time to start deciding which camera(s), film (and possibly memory cards) to take.

Thinking my light(ish)weight EOS 50E and my Lomography 4 lens Supersampler for some action shots. May put my "This Book is a Camera" pinhole in with one sheet of paper loaded. My little S90 digital Canon might be on my belt.

As a final enticement, I've loaded and labelled up a 24 exposure 35mm cassette of my 1955 expired Eastman Super XX. So if you fancy getting hold of that I'll have it in my camera bag.

:naughty: :runaway: :eek: :film:

superxx_1955.jpg:naughty::runaway:

Hope all attendees have a great day out and look forward to seeing any results, however they're captured!

Only found @Mr Badger by the beer tent. Did approach a chap with a film camera and told him about how good TP was for us fusty crusty types. We two finished at least one roll and a bit each. Weather was good. Hope I caught the Spitfire that flew over.

Sorry to hear that Simon, perhaps see you later in the year, Astle Park possibly?
Hopefully, yes.
Only found @Mr Badger by the beer tent. Did approach a chap with a film camera and told him about how good TP was for us fusty crusty types. We two finished at least one roll and a bit each. Weather was good. Hope I caught the Spitfire that flew over.
Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Had a good time there yesterday and it was nice to see @dmb again and use a bit of film - it was my first time out with a film camera this year!

I think we chose the right day to go too, as it's dull here today and was raining earlier this morning. I'll be posting the film off to AG on Monday so you should have some of my crappy photos to laugh at before too long! In the meantime, here's one from last year - have you noticed at these sort of shows someone always seems to walk into your shot just before you press the shutter button! ;)

51475642192_7c25897e16_b.jpg

Sorry I couldn't be there, it would have been a pleasure to meet you all. But the George Clinton gig at the Albert Hall left me wasted, and in a foreign town, Stockport.

By the way, the Albert Hall is a very interesting venue, architecturally, in particular.

Sorry I couldn't be there, it would have been a pleasure to meet you all. But the George Clinton gig at the Albert Hall left me wasted, and in a foreign town, Stockport.

By the way, the Albert Hall is a very interesting venue, architecturally, in particular.
Don't worry about it, I've been wasted after a few gigs in Stockport in my time!

Weather, Covid and Putin willing, we're hoping to have another F&C locals meet-up at Astle Park Traction Engine Rally https://outdoorshows.co.uk/astle-park-traction-engine-rally/ which is held on the second weekend in August. This is usually a very enjoyable event in a picturesque setting, with a bit more space around the exhibits and less clutter in the background than Smallwood. Fingers crossed for the weather and I hope a few forum members can make it. :)

Last edited:
... and if it's sunny at Astle I'll remember to put on some sun cream and not end up covered in calamine lotion and looking like an iced bun.

... and if it's sunny at Astle I'll remember to put on some sun cream and not end up covered in calamine lotion and looking like an iced bun.

:ROFLMAO:

But only because I feel your pain, having ended up doing a cooked lobster impression all too many times...

These days, I use Calypso once a day factor 30 which keeps me well basted for a day wandering round in the sun here in the UK and is enough to stop me burning if I'm reasonably careful on holiday in Crete. It's waterproof too so no need to reapply after a dip in the briny (although sand under sandal straps can rub it off, leaving odd patterns of sunburn on the tops of the feet...)

Have posted some shots on another thread

Back